Families at Pumulani on Lake Malawi
Pumulani is an ideal location for families (7 years and over during peak season, off season all ages are welcome). Mum and Dad can relax on the beach while the children are having a fabulous time on the speed boats – fun tubing or learning to wake board and water ski (smaller skis available for smaller children). Of course parents can always join in on the fun. There is a lovely rocky outcrop at the beach where the under water world can be explored with snorkels. An extended trip to the “aquarium” in the lake can be organised where bright colourful cichlids abound. Kayaks are a great way to investigate the shoreline – kingfisher nests, reed beds and if you’re very lucky the resident otters. The hillside around Pumulani is great place to find the smaller details of Lake Malawi. There are many birds and fabulously coloured skinks and agamas. If you are very quiet you can come across the elusive klipspringers.
Children’s activities and services:
- our staff can look after the children in the villa and help supervise them during activities in the day
- cot and bedding available for younger children
- meal times are flexible and can be fitted to your child’s needs. We have a selection of delicious child friendly food on the menu to choose from
- swimming pool and beach ball
- we have several fishing rods available and the rocky shoreline is a wonderful spot to test your skills
- water sports – wakeboarding, water skiing and fun tubing, snorkelling kayaking
The family villa is tucked under the hillside on the lake shore to allow free range for children to play outside on the lush lawn amongst the mango trees. It is the closest villa to the beach and activities are easily organized from this point. An additional bedroom adjoining the master bedroom contains two twin beds and the master room contains a large double bed. The master bedroom opens to an outside deck. The bathroom contains a double shower, bath and double basins and a separate toilet. The sitting area is spacious and opens out onto an outside deck; there is also a coffee/tea corner and a small fridge with cool drinks.