Gifts to bring on safari
Bring out any number of the following with you (easy to carry and light). If you think you will have a weight problem with the luggage restriction (15kg) on the Lusaka/Mfuwe route and the plane is full then you can pack the items separately and leave them with our staff at Lusaka airport who will send them on the next flight with spare space.
- Crayons, felt pens, pencils, pens etc
- Note books and printing paper
- Educational posters and maps
- Inflatable globes
- Books (from early reading to adult books)
- Jigsaw puzzles (from early age to older)
- Early educational or wildlife DVDs (we have a multi-region DVD player, so can take all regions)
- Calculators - solar not battery (scientific calculators can be given to students entering Grade 10)
- Maths sets (for students entering secondary school)
- Games (eg scrabble, boggle etc)
- Dictionaries for all ages, especially "junior"
- Deflated footballs and netballs (with pump and spare valve)
- Tennis balls
- Wooden or Foam bats
- Skipping ropes
- School bags
- Discarded laptop if still working!
Please do not bring the following for the school
- Clothes unless a sports team outfit for children
- Non educational materials of a personal nature