Robin Pope Safaris is a large family that you will be welcomed into. We all love where we live and what we do. The camps are our homes and we welcome you as guests and hope you leave as friends.
This is our safari and management team for 2013.
- Daudi Njobvu ~ managing the camp from his presidential height
- Fred Phiri ~ A natural at chatting to the guests with his larger than life personality
- Yona Band ~ has a genuine love of nature and steadfast stand on conserving it
- Obi Mukabiko ~ over 15 years experience in the industry - our family man for Robin’s House.
Luangwa Safari House
- Jacob Shawa ~ the man with the most amazing talents and guiding.
Luangwa River Camp
- Sebastian is the manager of LRC along with Polly.
- Bertram Njobvu ~ is managing the camp with his cool enthusiasm which belies his cheeky sense of humour.
- Nyambe Musiyalela ~ a guide with a keen eye and wealth of knowledge.
- Julius Banda ~ His broad understanding of the bush coupled with his brilliant wit makes for a great safari
- Braston Daka ~ with great aplomb Braston has joined the guiding team at Nsefu.
- Kanga Banda ~ his enthusiasm and love for the bush easily rubs off on others.
- Chilumba Lungi ~ he is fast becoming one of our young stars out in the bush.
- Jason Alfonsi ~ leading walks with great enthusiasm, skill and laughter.
- George Bell ~ with years of experience under his belt.
- Chris & Emma are the management couple here and were originally based at Pumulani.
- Alex and Karien manage the brightest star on Lake Malawi – Pumulani.
At the head office:
The Management Team
- Reservations ~ Munyama Mudaala heads up our reservation team, ably assisted by: Sandra Susa, Gerald Nyirenda, Sakhile Mudaala and Chipie Chirwa.
- Marketing ~ Geno Paringira has relocated to South Africa where she will be leading all our marketing endeavours along with Steph Naidoo from the Lilongwe office.
- Operations & Logistics ~ Emily Haynes, with plenty of experience; she’ll be making sure everything is ship shape in Zamba. Laura Kachale handles the Malawi operations
- Accounts ~ Ray Mpundu, always available to help, along with Tiya Chitaya, Alinafe Makawa and Tendai Rashid.
- Managing Director ~ Ton de Rooy, he keeps a tight eye on everything, including the cash.
- Executive Director ~ Margaux de Rooy makes sure things are always running smoothly.
- Operations Director ~ Rob Clifford, with years of experience in the safari industry, will make sure he guides us in the right direction.
- Non Executive Director ~ Robin Pope, a bush legend, who also leads the Liuwa Plain Safaris.
- Non Executive Director ~ Jo Pope adds her comments loud and clear!
- We are often asked about the history of Robin Pope Safaris, so now we've included it on the web site. And you can read about our guides.