Luangwa River Camp - South Luangwa
- The lodge accommodates ten people in five Bush Suites
- Each suite is unique in décor and opens onto a private deck
- Sunken bath tub and shower in every suite
- Two beautiful infinity pools, one sunk into the deck on two levels with a waterfall adjoining the two pools (one for swimming and the other for seating)
- Spa treatments available
- Activities: Walking safaris, day & night drives, Kawaza Village visits, Tribal Textiles, Mango Tree Crafts or Chipembele Wildlife Centre
The lodge is superbly located overlooking the Luangwa River. From here you venture out to great game drives or, which we would highly recommend, the game walks in the morning. Game is abundant in this area – have been on many safaris before (South Africa, Namibia and Botswana), but we have never had an opportunity to see lions and leopard during a single walk! The staff at Luangwa River Lodge are highly competent, helpful and very friendly. The rooms, or rather individual cottages, are tastefully and functionally furnished in safari style, very spacious and offer a comfortable space to relax in privacy, just surrounded by the sounds of the wilderness. The lodge is a rather intimate place - not as big as many others in this or in other areas, which is great as you get the attention and the individual service you want... We will definitely return when we are in Zambia next time!
JNB 2 MUC, April 2011, Trip Advisor
A beautiful contemporary lodge set on the banks of the Luangwa River overlooking the National Park. This is a popular game viewing spot with frequent sightings of leopard in particular. The lodge is unique in design and its warm earthy interiors as well as its trendy furniture and fittings make it truly unique!
For further information Ask Robin Pope Safaris